-Dara Duratinsky
I will be the first to admit that anything about finances confuses me. When it comes to the economy and housing foreclosures, I need a book from the ".....for dummies" collection. This is why I am so disappointed by the many blogs I read about the housing foreclosure crisis. I can't possibly be the only person in this country who does not fully grasp what's going on, and all that the media is telling me is that there's a HUGE problem, and I should probably be worried. More legitimate news blogs like huffingtonpost.com seem to be the biggest offenders. Either that, or I am a terrible researcher.
In an article dated Feb. 15, 2009 from huffingtonpost.com, the writer, Hurst, goes on and on about how there is a financial crisis and a housing foreclosure crisis. The most he goes into detail about this subject is that the U.S. is in deep and the economy is going to get worse before it gets better. Oh, and did you know that the Republicans and Democrats are not agreeing on the stimulus bill? Seriously Hurst? I don't know how many times i've read and heard about how much worse our economy can get or how much Democrats and Republicans can not agree. Can't you give me anything new?
Though I am not a frequent visitor of blogs, I can't recall reading anything that tells me about the housing crisis in average American speak. I want to know what exactly got us into this mess and how exactly this stimulus bill is going to effect ordinary Americans. And please, don't just tell me that the bill "aims to save or create as many as 3.5 million jobs through massive government investment while boosting consumer spending through modest tax cuts" or that the bill will help homeowner on the brink of foreclosure. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Give me details!
No comments:
Post a Comment