Lately I’ve noticed that people don’t know how to relax. We live in such a rushed society that the slightest inconvenience makes people impatient and downright rude. We have a demanding society in which people are always on the go to their next destination and just don’t have time to slow down. People just need to let loose a bit.
My sister deals with impatient people everyday at her work. Everyday she comes home with a new story about the customers. They’ll complain to her if they’ve had to wait five minutes in line as if it was my sister’s fault. Or even worse, they’ll get snappy at her if there was a mistake on a previous transaction, although she was not even the one who processed it in the first place. In her words, “Everyone just needs to chill out!”
I’ll admit that I am a victim of our rushed society. One of my pet peeve’s is when I’m stuck behind someone walking ridiculously slow. I can’t stand it. However, as I was on my way home for spring break I had to stop to load my SmartTrip metro card. So I’m fiddling in my purse for money and a girl comes to get in line and she stands right… next…to…me. I turn around and there she is hovering over me with her arms crossed waiting to get a metro ticket. Really now. I wanted to tell her that standing on my tail isn’t going to get her a ticket any faster. Could I have some personal space? We’re all going to get on the metro. I’ll also mention that the same thing happened to me on my way back to D.C. A man stood right next to me as I was loading my card, impatiently waiting his turn.
People just need to learn how to take a breath and relax. You’ll get to your destination. There’s nothing you can do if the train isn’t coming until another ten minutes. Your transactions will be fixed. The world isn’t over. Everything will work out. Just CALM DOWN.
Layal Brown
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment