Can't find anything bad to say about a holiday that makes February bearable. Thanks to Valentines Day, we had classroom parties during that hellish stretch between Christmas and sun, when the Minnesota landscape turned into an unforgivable moonscape filled with despair.
The Red Holiday also spurs consumer spending, helping restaurants and retail outlets survive.
That's really all I got to say on the subject; I'm not gung-ho about it. In fact, I haven't celebrated Valentine’s Day in about seven years.
This is a result of seven years spent in single status. I don't fret, though. I find new and exciting ways to escape the February cold and stimulate the economy (that's really what St. V day is all about anyway.)
Here's what I did THIS Valentine’s Day:
Went to the Udvar-Hazy airplane museum
Saw a space shuttle
EPIC!!
Took staged photographs of my aunt's cat (I was at their house, you see).
DRAMATIC!!
Dined on Indian food. With my aunt and uncle, ofcourse!
Spicy YET delicious
So remember single people, if you plan your day correctly, your Valentine's Day experiance can be equally exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment