Unfortunately or fortunately for me, depending on which of my other fellow bloggers you ask, I was unable to watch the Oscars. I was at work. While millions of people were watching the Oscars, I was working for a solid 10 dollars an hour. I was studying at work while most of the people in this country and around the world, or as I like to think of them as Pavlov's Dogs, were watching famous celebrities get together, once again to celebrate and congratulate who else- themselves! I love movies as much as the next person. I still get chills every time Tom Cruise yells, "Did you order the code red on Santiago?!" every time. But, do I need to know where Keanu Reeve's date got her socks? When I watch the Oscars, I watch them for the same reason as everyone else does. To see who died this past year. My earliest memories of this award show is sitting on the couch with my parents as they say, "Oh no, I didn't know he/she died" for about 10 minutes. Yes mom, Walter Matheau has been dead for more than a decade now. The next best part of the Oscars is when they get the hottest comedien to host the show, which explains Hugh Jackman. Apparently they think the Wolverine with a porn name is just as funny as Billy Crystal or Jon Stewart. I wish I was alive during the days when Johnny Carson or Bob Hope hosted. Who's going to host next year? Flavor Flav. Welcome to the mother effin Oscars Boyyeeeee!!!
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/flavorflav.jpg
Maybe I can watch it next year, when I'm making 11 dollars an hour and can watch Sandra Bullock wear earings that can pay my full tuition at American.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment