
When I was young, I thought Valentines was a day where everyone ate chocolate and candy. Up until sixth grade, Feburary 14th, consisted of decorating a shoebox with hearts and buying Valentines candy for my classmates. In middle school and high school, it was all about getting a rose with a little note for my friends that the Student Government would sell and hand deliver it while one was in class. Last year I went out for dinner with my boyfriend at the time and this year I went shopping and saw a movie. So Valentines for me is not a holiday that lasts the whole day but just a couple of hours and then it's like any other day.
I do not have anything against it and I actually like the holiday of Valentines even though I do not make a big deal about it. I feel like it is an excuse to eat candy and be all lovey-dovey. Those who don’t like valentines day are just upset that they do not have someone to be with or don't want to put in the effort to do something nice for someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment